Callout for proposals: South Asian Heritage Month
South Asian Heritage Month is celebrated from 18 July to 17 August in the UK, and this year Wandsworth Council is seeking to develop a programme of events.
We will be sharing the stories and experiences of South Asian people who live, work or study in the borough to recognise the outstanding contribution that these communities have made in shaping our borough.
- Artists of South Asian heritage and/or South Asian led organisations to contribute to the cultural agenda of the borough;
- Residents of South Asian heritage to engage in cultural activity that is meaningful and relevant to them;
- The wider community to better understand the histories of fellow residents, colleagues and students making a positive difference in Wandsworth, and be inspired by them.
We are seeking proposals from organisations that can deliver community focused, cultural, arts, and heritage-based activities and events. We are able to offer commission fees of between £500 and £2,000 (excluding VAT) to support the development of content or programming for 18 July – 17 August 2023. We also welcome applications for projects that begin before July or finish after August, as long as they launch or culminate during South Asian Heritage Month 2023.
Deadline for applications is Mon 20 March at 10am
Priority will be given to proposals which demonstrate the following:
- Close alignment with South Asian history, culture and heritage
- A strong focus on arts, culture and heritage
- Delivery by an organisation whose strategic plans involve engaging with the borough and its residents over the mid to long term
- All projects must have participatory elements and demonstrate targeting and engagement with Wandsworth communities
- Clear benefits to the local community e.g. through participation, enjoyment, skills development, health and wellbeing improvements, learning, progression routes etc, and how you will demonstrate this
- Value for money
- Target beneficiaries – making specific reference to your target beneficiaries and specify the methods you will use to reach them and how you will measure this.
Image: Bollywood Dancers at Line of Light Festival (Nine Elms) 2021