Terms & Conditions for Wandsworth Artists Open House 2019
In submitting a listing for Wandsworth Artists Open House 2019 you agree to:
- These Terms and Conditions relate to Wandsworth Artists’ Open House 2019.
- Wandsworth Artists’ Open House “WAOH” is managed by Wandsworth Council “LBW”.
- The following Terms and Conditions are between LBW and the Artist.
- The “Artist” is the person, organisation or group owning the artwork to be displayed during WAOH.
- The “Open House” is the venue where the Artist will display their artwork. The Open House can be a home, a studio, a local authority building or a private business.
Events Dates and place
Wandsworth Artists’ Open House will take place on 5-6 and 12-13
October 2019 across the London Borough of Wandsworth.
Who can take part
- All Artists and Makers can take part to WAOH, regardless of their artform, age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief or level of professionalism.
- Artists need a confirmed Open House in order to register their participation to WAOH.
- It is the responsibility of the Artist to secure authorisation from an Open House to display their artwork.
- Artists without an Open House can register as an Artist Seeking Venue to showcase their work on the WAOH website, but this does not guarantee their participation to the event.
- Artists are requested to complete the registration payment (£70 early bird or £75 standard) and complete the registration form by 15 July 2019 for the event to be confirmed as part of WAOH 2019.
- There is no further selection process to take part in WAOH.
- By completing registration, the Artist agrees to accept and abide by any rules of LBW and any other regulations provided as part of WAOH.
- The £5 Artist Seeking House fee is non-refundable.
- ELC will only refund the registration fee (£70/£75) if the Artist or Open House Host cancels the event in writing (email@example.com) before midnight 10 July 2019.
- The Artist is responsible for inputting the correct copy and image onto the WAOH website. LBW will not offer refunds for listings with incorrect information.
Insurances and Risk
- Each Open House is individually responsible for the safety of its visitors. This means that public liability insurance (minimum £5 million cover) must be in place to take part to WAOH.
- If you are not already insured, the best way to do so is by taking an a-n Artist membership, which comes with a free £5m Public & Products Liability insurance and £5m Professional Indemnity insurance cover. Memberships start at £16.
- The Artist should undertake an assessment of risks and hazards before opening his/her Open House to the public.
- Each Artist is individually responsible for the safety of his/her artwork, unless otherwise agreed with their Open House.
- LBW reserves the right not to include any listing or Open House content which may be considered offensive under the Equalities Bill or risk legal action being brought.
- LBW politely request that the Artist considers the guidelines and advice of The Committees of Advertising Practice (CAP) when preparing their listing content.
- LBW reserves the right to correct spelling and grammar and to edit event descriptions to fit the style guide.
- It is the responsibility of the Artist to obtain all relevant and necessary legal permissions (in writing) for any material (including videos, music, images and text) related to their event.
- The Artist is responsible for inputting the correct copy/content/images onto the WAOH website. LBW will not offer refunds for listings with incorrect information.
- One event image to be used for both the web and brochure listing should be submitted to LBW by 15 July 2019; this can be uploaded through the registration area at the time of registering.
- The Artist must obtain the correct permissions for any image that has a copyright attached. Any costs incurred by LBW due to non-compliance with copyright regulations will be re-charged to the Artist with an added 20% administration fee.
- LBW is not responsible for the quality of images submitted by the Artist.
- LBW has the right to refuse an image that is of poor quality, not to the required specifications, incorrectly labelled or deemed to be offensive.
- There is no compensation for failing to get images to LBW by the advertised deadline.
- Where the Artist has failed to submit a suitable image for the brochure or website, LBW reserves the right to use a default image.
- A guide to correct imaging is provided on the Wandsworth Artist Open House website. Artists must ensure they have read the terms and conditions for submitting images and advert artwork.
Being Open at the advertised days and times
- We strongly recommend that all Artists’ Open Houses be open on all four days of the event, as clarity and consistency about opening days and times help visitors effectively plan their visits.
- Artists’ Open Houses should be open to the public from 11am to 6pm on both Saturdays and Sundays.
- You must commit to being open at the advertised times. Not doing so reflects poorly on the event as a whole.
- Once a booking has been made, it is the Advertiser’s responsibility to supply a designed advert before the deadline of 19th July 2019.
- LBW reserves the right to reject supplied advertising copy; this shall not be deemed in breach of contract but will require the advertiser or its agents to supply new copy.
- An advertisement that cannot run because of late supply will be charged at the full rate.
- LBW can accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by error or inaccuracy in the printing or omission of any advertisement.
- LBW owns the copyright on all advertisements written or designed by them or their agents.
Publicity and Distribution
- LBW will produce 4 Trail brochures and 1 event poster.
- It is the responsibility of the Artists to organise themselves to collate any amend that they would like to request at final proofing stage.
- Should they wish to, individual Artists and Open Houses can also produce additional publicity material at their own cost.
- The correct logo credits should be included on all publicity (available to download from the website).
- The Artists are responsible for the distribution of all printed publicity, including collection, dissemination and display.
Cancellation or modification of event
- Events cancelled before 1 July 2019 will qualify for a refund of their registration fee.
- Individual Artists will be able to update their print information until 19th July on the WAOH website, after which date no alteration of the brochure copy will be possible.
- Individual Artists can update their website listing online until the day of the event.
- It is essential to get feedback from Visitors in order to learn and improve from the experience. By registering, all Artists commit to taking part to the evaluation process and share their Visitors’ feedback with LBW.
- LBW will send all registered Artists a link to an evaluation survey before the event to feedback key points of information on the process, attendance and sales. Please make sure you commit to returning this survey.
- LBW will collate the outcomes of both the Visitors and Artists surveys and share them with all participating Artists.
- Any disputes relative to Wandsworth Artists Open House will be dealt with in-house quickly and efficiently for all persons involved.
- LBW have done their best to ensure the information on the WAOH website is accurate, but LBW declines any responsibility in ensuring the accuracy of the information provided by the Artist or Open House/Studio upon completion of registration.
Severability and Variation
- LBW reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time when deemed reasonable and necessary to do so.
- It is the responsibility of the Artist to check the Terms and Conditions that apply to WAOH2019.
- LBW shall make all reasonable endeavours to put an alert on the WAOH website if the Terms and Conditions have been amended.
- LBW shall not be liable for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond LBW’s control including, without limitation, an act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism (or the threat thereof), fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, storm, third party injunction, national defence requirements and/or acts of national or local governments.
- Should any part of this agreement be declared unenforceable or invalid, the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and those bound by them hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in connection herewith.
Completion of payment for registration indicates your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions above.
If you need advice on any of these areas or you are having issues with
your registration you can contact Wandsworth Arts service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wandsworth Arts service, 17/09/2019